Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Management in Primary Care (4th edition)Description
The Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Management in Primary Care (4th edition) handbook has been officially recognised as an accepted clinical resource by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP), and endorsed by the Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrologists (ANZSN) and the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA).
This handbook provides best practice recommendations for detecting and managing CKD in primary care. It contains a quick reference guide on essential information for detecting and managing CKD; a colour coded CKD staging table; clinical action plans; a framework for managing common complications and nephrology guidelines.
- Outline the importance of early detection for those at risk of chronic kidney disease
- Describe the elements of the assessment for chronic kidney disease (kidney health check)
- Define treatment options to delay progression of kidney disease
- Evaluate the need to refer to a nephrologist.
About the Author
Kidney Health Australia is the peak body for kidney health in Australia. We strive to create a healthier community through increased awareness and early detection of kidney disease. Clinical guidance and content review for this publication was provided through the Primary Care Education Advisory Committee for Kidney Health Australia (PEAK).
Please note, once you click 'Purchase now' you will be leaving the AMA (WA)’s website and entering a third-party education provider’s website to purchase or to download this book. You:
- may need to provide some of your personal information directly to the third-party education provider
- agree that the AMA can share some of your personal information with the third-party education provider.
If you have any queries about the information that the AMA shares with third-party education providers, please click 'Contact Us' to submit your enquiry.