Enhancing Patient CareDescription
High-quality and safe health care can be difficult to achieve, requiring cultural change, which in turn can only occur through the dedicated, consistent efforts of clinical safety champions.
This commonsense Australian practical guide to quality improvement and risk management is written by two clinicians who have created a quality and safety program “from the ground up”. Their experience at a regional hospital in Victoria has led to a pragmatic framework that guides other health services through the relevant evidence and theory, down to the finest details. Enhancing Patient Care will be of use to anyone who wants to set up or improve a quality improvement and risk management program, regardless of size and budget.
Alan Wolff, Sally Taylor
Book (for purchase)
- Explain and name key points on clinical governance, quality improvement and risk management
- Detect adverse events and risks to patient safety and apply a practical framework for preventing these
- Develop a clinical risk management program, enhancing a quality improvement and patient safety culture in your health service by implementing it
- An overview of clinical governance
- Quality improvement – measuring clinical performance and closing gaps in clinical care
- Risk management – why do adverse events happen to patients?
- Detecting adverse events and risk
- Analysing adverse events and prioritising action
- Taking action to close gaps in care and prevent adverse events recurring – evidence and theory
- A practical framework to close gaps in patient care and reduce risks to patients
- Reporting the activities and results of the clinical governance program
- A quality improvement and patient safety culture
- Eighteen practical steps to implementing a clinical risk management program in a health service
- Implementing a clinical risk management program in a small hospital
- Important messages
AMA Members receive a 10% discount. Discounts apply for purchases over 10 copies.
Clinical governance, risk assessment, patient safety, enhancement, health services, quality of care, adverse events, practical framework, step-by-step guide, health care management, collaboratives, audits, incidence report
GP, GP Registrar, Consultant, Doctor in Training (DIT), Junior Doctor, Medical Student, International Medical Graduate, Overseas Trained Doctor