AMA National Conference 2018Description
The 2018 AMA National Conference provides a platform for doctors to debate the most pressing challenges facing the profession and the healthcare system.
The program has been shaped by important issues AMA members have raised and guides the work of AMA’s councils and committees.
Topics to be debated include:
- Funding general practice to reduce hospitalisation
- The implications of the Dr Hadiza Bawa-Garba case for Australian doctors
- Healthcare efficacy and efficiency
- E-cigarettes as a harm reduction measure
- The role of GPs in providing long-term healthcare
- Is prevocational research worth the (CV) paper it’s written on?
Friday 25 - Sunday 27 May 2018
Friday: 10.00am - 5.30pm
President's Welcome Reception: 5.30pm - 6.30pm
Leadership Development Dinner: 7.30pm - 10.30pm
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Gala Dinner: 7.00pm - 11.00pm
Sunday Breakfast Topic Tables: 8.00am - 9.00pm
Sunday: 9.00am - 12.00pm
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE
For further details about the conference and the full program, please click here .
Conference: 1 London Circuit, Canberra ACT 2601
Leadership Development Dinner: King Edward Terrace, Parkes ACT 2600
Gala Dinner: Lawson Crescent, Acton ACT 2601
For any enquiries, please contact the
AMA Events Team on:
Phone +61 2 6270 5400
- Debate topics relevant to current procedures in the health care system, and discuss potential improvements with colleagues and peers
- Implement tailored funding within general practices to reduce hospitalisation
- Interpret and discuss the role of doctors in providing long-term health care for patients
ACRRM - Fellow: 16 pts
ACRRM - Non Fellow: 16 pts