AMA Queensland Annual Conference: The Future of Health CareDescription
With the future of health care changing rapidly, with new technology, medicines, treatment methods, the advances in robotics, the worldwide obesity epidemic and higher patient expectations, all doctors need to be fully up-to-date with these developments, to ensure optimum outcomes for patients.
“The Future of Health Care” conference
will feature a range of renowned presenters from the University of Queensland Ochsner Medical School ,
New Orleans and Queensland.
Cutting-edge topics include:
- Wearable technology innovations in the hospital setting;
- Advances in 3D printing and how this technology is reshaping complex congenital heart surgeries;
- The future of Electronic Medical Records;
- Training the physicians of the future (including a student's experience);
- Obesity - a global problem;
- The rise of robotics in medicine;
- Exploring trends of consumerism in medicine;
- Technological innovations in women's healthcare - Connected maternity online monitoring;
- Health and general practice as a good investment;
- Technology (including the intersection of technology and medicine) plus;
- Current business management and Medico-Legal issues.
Sunday 23 to Saturday 29 September 2018
8.30am - 1.00pm each day
Windsor Court Hotel, 300 Gravier Street
New Orleans, USA
- Comprehend the worldwide obesity epidemic and learn new approaches to prevent and manage
- Identify technological innovations in women's health care including Connected Maternity Online Monitoring, where expectant mothers can manage their pregnancy with fewer visits to the obstetrician
- Interpret the advantages and disadvantages of electronic medical records in Australia and overseas
For further details about the conference, including pre and post tours, contact Neil Mackintosh
Phone (07) 3872 2267
Not an AMA member? Want to enrol in this module for free? Click here to join the AMA now.