5th Annual Junior Doctor Conference: Above and BeyondDescription
AMA Queensland is proud to release the 5th Annual AMA Queensland Junior Doctor Conference (JDC) program. Developed by the AMA Queensland Council of Doctors in Training, this quality low-cost program features an ambitious, case-study driven agenda and frontline perspectives from Australian and international luminaries in medicine.
Through attending the JDC, you will:
- be inspired by some of the most distinguished minds in medicine;
- learn leadership skills from exemplary medical leaders;
- explore the latest thinking on global health, doctor in training mental health, and emerging career pathways for junior doctors;
- take part in a simulated workshop, including an emergency scenario and hands-on radiology interpretation session.
You’ll benefit through:
- access to 25 + expert presenters including Dr Sandro Demaio of the World Health Organisation, Geneva and Dr Dan Diamond, who headed up the medical response for Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans;
- the chance to deliver your own 10-minute medical research presentation;
- experiencing a 5-star networking environment at the JDC by night cocktail party.
Date: Saturday 23 - Sunday 24 June 2018
Saturday: 9am - 4.30pm
Saturday night cocktail party: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sunday: 9.30am - 4pm
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE
Click here for registration prices.
Click here to learn more.
Early-bird member rates end 20 April 2018 and apply to all AMA members.
Hilton Brisbane, 190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
The Hilton Brisbane is offering JDC delegates the special rate of $200 per night. To obtain this offer, visit Hilton Brisbane and quote GAMAB or contact the reservations team on (07) 3234 2000.
For any other enquiries, please contact the
AMA Queensland Events Team on:
Phone (07) 3872 2222
Up to 9.5 hours of CPD can be claimed by pre-vocational junior doctors who attend both days of the program. Doctors in Training years 2 - 4 plus can count the hours towards their 50 hours CPD annual requirement as mandated by the Medical Board of Australia.
Not an AMA member? Want to enrol in this module for free? Click here to join the AMA now.